Jackie is a guitar and ukulele-toting-singer-songwriter, Born and raised in New York. She relocated to Los Angeles to musicate.
In the Top 24 of American Idol (season 8), Ryan Seacrest dubbed Jackie ,”Miss Personality”, and Best Week Ever said, “Some Idol Contestants are Super-Heroes. This one sang the walls off!” Jackie was given the honor of opening the entire season. Her vocals, eclectic outfits and fanny-packs left a memorable impression on America as well as the judges.
All three of Jackie’s albums (“The Golden Girl EP” (2005), “Beguiling”(2008), and “Jackie Tohn 2.YO” (2010)) have all received critical acclaim and are available on iTunes.
“ Her music is pretty pop with a twitch; a paradox of vulnerability and arrogance, honesty and exaggeration, swagger and silliness.” – LA.com
Acting professionally since she was 12, Jackie’s credits include: episodes of “The Closer”, “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”, “The Sopranos”, “Veronica Mars”, “The Nanny”, “Memphis Beat”, and “CSI: NY” to name a few.
Jackie has also kept busy doing numerous television pilots, development deals and feature films.
– Winner – Best Music Video (“What is Love”) at the 2010 Hollywood Music in Media Awards.
– Nominated “Best Female Performer” 2010 by Campus Activities Magazine.
– “What is Love” off “2.YO” can be heard in the Disney movie “You Again” starring Kristen Bell.
– Spinning on KCRW
– Been touring the U.S. since 2009 and playing Live in NY and LA since 2004.
– Her song “The Falling” comes pre-loaded on the Google Nexus One Phone.
– She has licensed songs to Television Shows on Networks from Lifetime to Fox.
– Showcased SXSW 2011
– Nominated – Best Song in a Movie/TV (“What is Love”) at the 2010 Hollywood Music in Media Awards.
– Music Connection Magazine listed Jackie in their Top 100 unsigned artists.
– Music Choice Television features her songs in heavy rotation.
– All 3 of Jackie’s albums (2.YO, Beguiling, and Golden Girl EP) are available on iTunes.
– Visit Pandora.com and make your own Jackie Tohn Radio Station!
– Endorsed by Daisy Rock Guitars
– Her Keytar / Ukulele SuperDuo, “Powerfox and Ponymane” is Professional.
– American Idol Season 8 Semi-Finalist.
– Cast Member of Bravo’s Platinum Hit Season 1 (2011(
“Listening to Jackie solely on a recording would be akin to watching a Jello commercial and calling it dessert. Live is this child’s medium. And until she gets a team of NASA professionals willing to take her to outerspace in an attempt to capture the massive magic of her sound, you best be attending the up close and close version.”
“If you combine the songwriting skills of Laura Nyro, the gutsy earthiness of Janis Joplin, and the cool, bohemian style of Rickie Lee Jones, you’ll have some idea of Jackie Tohn. And, though some may think those references are dated, you have to go back that far to find artistry this good. Smart, insightful, and in your face, her acoustic rock material is utterly compelling. Tohn’s command of her guitar is striking, and is as expressive as her voice. From low, guttural murmurings to sweet purrs, Tohn’s vocals are some of the most enchanting you’re likely to hear. She totally captivated the crowd.
Summary: This young artist is a star in the making. Jackie Tohn has a special gift and there are not many like her.”
– [‘Music Connection Magazine’ Excerpt]
“This Long Island girl can belt out a catchy heartland ballad with an intensity that could knock Taylor Swift out of her pickup truck.”
– [Heeb Magazine]
“Jackie isn’t your ordinary girl with a guitar. “On Stage, Jackie Tohn Goes, and Goes…If Jackie lived on a park bench, she would put on shows for the pigeons. She can’t help it. Some people believe there is no such thing as a natural, but Tohn is wired to entertain. On stage, she’s a cross between Bette Midler (only better looking) and Lauryn Hill.”
– [‘Improper Magazine’]
“Jackie Tohn, on acoustic guitar, croons with remarkable vocal dexterity about low self-esteem and love.”
“I swear if this girl was a lumberjack instead of an entertainer there’d be no more trees.” – LA.com